WATER SKI ACCESSORIES
Shop for Wizard Water Ski Equipment
A much-anticipated day or weekend out on the water can quickly be ruined by a forgotten handle or broken ski rope. Make sure these easily forgotten items are a priority on your list of essential water ski accessories when you’re planning your water sport adventure.
To make the most of your chosen water sports, you will need the correct type of rope and handle. Whether you’re a beginner or a professional we’ll be able to pair you up with a rope and handle bundle to suit your needs from our custom range.
What you need to know about water ski ropes and handles
- Water ski ropes can wear out, so make sure you inspect them every second or third time you use them and make it a habit to check them each time before heading out on the water.
- The best way to check a ski rope for issues is to look for imperfections like a slight tear or faded colour, which could cause bigger problems resulting in a fall out on the water.
- Water ski ropes are made up of different colours which make up their separate sections. This allows for each section to be removed to either make the rope longer or shorter depending on preference or what sort of water sport event its being used for.
- Changing the length of water ski rope enables them to perform differently, depending on what you’re using it for. For example, shortening the rope brings the skier closer to the boat and while slalom skiing, this makes it more difficult to go around the course buoys.
- Water ski handles used for recreational purposes are typically made from completely sealed injection moulded rubber.
- Water ski ropes are a standard 70 feet and when you include the handle this extends to 75 feet for Tournament skiing
- Water ski ropes are made of polypropylene and will stretch some from when you first use them.
- Choosing a thicker rope may help avoid rope failure during your start for less skilled or heavier skiers. If you tend to drag through the water before you’re up and going, you should probably go one size up just to make sure you don’t snap your rope.
- Rope length is also critical. Choosing the right length rope for your ability and the conditions is a process that takes a bit of trial and error and will be determined by speed, boat configuration and race course.
There are various styles and designs for ropes and the setup you choose will be dependant on what you’re doing. Fell free to have a chat to the Wizard Team if you’re unsure of what you need.
Why buy Wizard water skiing accessories?
Wizard Wetsuits stocks all the equipment you’ll need for a wicked weekend out on the water. Come in-store or check out the online gallery to see our awesome range of accessories and spares. All of our water skiing accessories are backed by our guarantee that they are the best, by test.
If we don’t have what you’re after in stock, the Wizard Wetsuits team will happily make it for you; custom made is our specialty. Our store is always stocked with the latest accessories including:
- kidney belts
- safety flags
- hole shots
- ski and gear bags…and much more.
Do you need repairs on your Wizard water ski equipment or Wizard wetsuits? Contact us today to discuss how we can help.
Not quite sure what kind of water ski ropes and handles you need? The following frequently asked questions might just answer the query you have. If not, just contact us and we’ll help you sort out exactly what you need.